It’s probably something that a lot of folks do—add some songs to a music listening device. I started yesterday morning trying to put a playlist together and load it onto my music machine, but there have been some serious glitches. I loaded 2,000+ songs onto my music player from the tunes I have loaded onto my computer. However, I noticed that a few up them had a little “!” mark next to the title, indicating that the song didn’t make it onto the device. (I have no idea why some songs failed to transfer properly.) I had to erase each of the “not found” files off the player and then reload them, individually, one by one.
The big problem, however, is that I had to click on each song to see if it played to know whether or not it made it onto my machine—meaning that I had to hit the down-arrow then enter, down-arrow then enter, down-arrow then enter—almost 2,500 times—checking every song on my player and stopping every 20 or 30 songs to erase a broken link, find the missing song in my catalog of tunes, and then send it back to the player…
I have between 10 and 12 HOURS invested in this process at this point, and, once I’m done, I will NOT be trying to add any new songs onto the device for a long, LONG time. This whole experience has been tedious, time consuming, and frustrating. Hopefully, once I’m finished, I’ll have a nice batch of tunes to listen to! (But JEEZE…this has been a bit of work…)
—Richard F. Yates
(Primitive Thoughtician and Holy Fool)
SUPPORT INDEPENDENT FOLKS WHO ARE JUST MAKING STUFF BECAUSE THEY LOVE IT!!!